+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Condesed Water from AC

Hi, Experts,

I need helps on condensed water from AC units.

My AC unit has a pipe linking to sewage pipe in the house but it is clogged somehow and now the water went out from spur pipe (from dripping pan) to the eave of the house where I can see the water dripping. I think it is designed this way.

I went to attic and inserted a 1/4" in diameter plastic tube (Flexible) into the drainage pipe that goes to sewage pipe. It went in about 9 feet. It seems that it clogged since I blow air into it and it does not go through.

Anyone can tell me what I can do to open the clog up? I was told that it is alga’s growing inside.

Thanks millions,

Dave

Default Re: Condesed Water from AC

Hook up a shop vac. to the line that should pull the alga out. After it's clear before each cooling season add a 1/2 cup of bleach to the line, that should stop the problem from recurring.

John

I use compressed air to clear the line . Clorox bleach to keep it that way .

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    Hook up a shop vac. to the line that should pull the alga out. After it's clear before each cooling season add a 1/2 cup of bleach to the line, that should stop the problem from recurring.

John
    Thanks, John,

I am going to give a try,

DSL6625