+ Reply to Thread

Smile Flickering Lights

I've just started experiencing flickering lights on multiple circuits. I went out to the panel and checked all the connections, and noticed that a new digital meter had been installed by Centerpoint. Is it likely that the new meter installation could be causing my problem? Is it the responsibility of the light company or mine, if there is a loose connection at the meter?

Default Re: Flickering Lights

It is possible that something went wrong from the changeout. The power company will usually stand behind their mistake if you find out that is what the problem is. Have the lights ever flickered like this before?

You said flickering lights " on multiple circuits " . It would seem that if the problem was caused by the meter change out , ALL circuits would be affected . Go ahead and call them to rule it out .

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    You said flickering lights " on multiple circuits " . It would seem that if the problem was caused by the meter change out , ALL circuits would be affected . Go ahead and call them to rule it out .
    Or possible one hot leg could be the culprit, say if a prong were to be bent in the meter base. Then in theory, half the lights and outlets would be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    Or possible one hot leg could be the culprit, say if a prong were to be bent in the meter base. Then in theory, half the lights and outlets would be affected.
    You are absolutely right , sir . What was I thinking ? This heat is getting to me ...

My wife was home when Centerpoint came out today. They changed out a connection that lead to the meter and all is right in my home once again.

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    You are absolutely right , sir . What was I thinking ? This heat is getting to me ...
    Me too !!!! Got to learn to enjoy these "Lazy, hazy days of summer".
    I was going to ask who exactly is Centerpoint ?

Me too !!!! Got to learn to enjoy these "Lazy, hazy days of summer".
    I was going to ask who exactly is Centerpoint ?
    Centerpoint Energy . Houston , Texas

Thanks. One of those energy concerns, that does not produce electrical energy, but buys and sells the same?
    Well , sort of . They deliver power . They do not generate nor sell it to the end user .