+ Reply to Thread

Default Tankless Propane Water Heater

My husband and I are planning to build in the near future and we would like to ask if anyone knows the pros and cons of an on-demand heater versus a traditional one. Also, what does the installation entail, how efficient are they, what is the cost associated with installing the tank, and which are the best models out there. Thanks in advance for your comments and recommendations.

Default Re: Tankless Propane Water Heater

Quote Originally Posted by Lthouse View Post
    My husband and I are planning to build in the near future and we would like to ask if anyone knows the pros and cons of an on-demand heater versus a traditional one. Also, what does the installation entail, how efficient are they, what is the cost associated with installing the tank, and which are the best models out there. Thanks in advance for your comments and recommendations.
    Takagi is a good brand. I've put a few in. Tehy are more efficient then a regular 50 gallon hotwater heater. Just make sure you get the correct size. 2 - 3 bathrooms requires a bigger unit to keep up with demand.

Good Luck!

Default Re: Tankless Propane Water Heater

If you have a new water saving clothes washer or dish washer they will not work because the flow rate on the new appliances is not fast enough to turn on the heater.

John