+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garden bench

Default Garden bench

My friend gave me a beautiful slab of pine and I want to make a garden bench out of it. I want to keep it clear so the grain of the wood can be appreciated. My trouble is finding the right varnish or sealer to protect it from sun and rain. Thanks

Default Re: Garden bench

I've heard of people using marine varnish (the stuff you'd put on wooden boats, or anything wood that's near water), on outdoor wooden counters or benches, etc.

Sand it well, let it dry out and coat it with varnish. Sand well between each coat--about 3 coats. It should last a long time, with little discoloring. You can find this stuff at most boating supply stores.

An outdoor Garden bench is at once a thing of beauty and a place to sit and relax.The garden benches can be of different types and materials They may range from very elegant carved pieces to very rugged pieces. It should be give relaxation and pleasure when seating on it.

A bench is a piece of furniture, on which several people may sit at the same time. Benches are typically made of wood, but may also be made of metal, stone, or synthetic materials. Many benches have arm and back rests; some have no back rest and can be sat on from either side. In public areas, benches are often donated by persons or associations, which may then be indicated on it, e.g. by a small plaque