+ Reply to Thread

Default Recess a flat screen tv into a wall

I am new to this board so I hope I am posting to the right discussion group.

We want to mount a flat screen tv on a wall so that it will be recessed into the wall. In other words, it would look like an ordinary picture hanging on a wall. What do we do about the wires, etc. We don't want any wires visible on the wall.

Will appreciate any ideas!

Default Re: Recess a flat screen tv into a wall

If you are recessing the tv in the wall, you will be doing some semi-involved work that means cutting & headering studs or building out the wall. I any event you will have plenty of opportunity to fish wire in the wall.
    I'm not saying not to do it, but I suspect you don't appreciate what has to go into it. Don't forget about ventilation for the unit. You will still need access to the back for hook ups.
    A more typical installation is to mount it on the wall with a bracket. If you want to hide all wires, put some junction boxes for power and data in the wall behind the tv.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas!

you might want to check out monoprice.com for tv wall mounts. they have a good selection at great prices. i bought one for myself that tilts up and down and also can be extended away from the wall( make connecting wires alot easier)

Thank you also dear76--

I'm probably biting off more than I can chew but I appreciate any and all ideas!