+ Reply to Thread

Default moss and lichen on asphalt shingles

Regarding Tom Silva's Q&A June 2010 "Mossy Roof." I agree with the results and consequences of moss/lichen on asphalt shingles, but not with treatment. I have found a product made by Bayer that is exceptionally safe and non-damaging to asphalt shingles (many reliable roofers said never to use bleach on shingles.)It is called Bayer Moss and Fungicide 2-in-1 Remover. You hook up your garden hose to the sprayer and spray it on the roof. Our roof was covered in moss and lichen due to trees too close to house located in a beach area and little direct sunlight. After tree removal, I did a lot of research to find a safe product to surrounding plantings/lawn, and found this product. Excellent results with a little work. Roof cleaners wanted over $800. to do what four bottles of this product at $20.00/32oz did. We treated the first half of roof last summer and doing the second half this summer. It definitely kept the moss/lichen from coming back. I recommend the product highly. Donna Bowen,Narragansett, RI

Angry That's true

Yes,that is it.What I am thinking is the same as you.I not very sure before.Thanks