+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Change light switch to outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    amazing yourself bsum, oops thats bsum1 (among many others) now.
    This is a joke , right ?
    Coming from you is humorious

why not quote and link the actual string? the OP had a horrific problem discovered all and then some, remember? good thing he didn't buy it!
    Don't need to, the issue that person had doesn't apply here. What does apply is your dumbed down posting and suddenly you're vocabulary is vastly improved as well as you're knowledge.

you really should read the main forum page for TOH Discussions and the user agreement. this is a discussion forum not fake "professional" consultations.
    And you are preaching this to others?
    Last edited by bsum1; 12-15-2008 at 10:56 PM.

pig slop. you've wasted over 300 posts between the three of you stalking harassing taunting complaining capitalization, word choice sentance structure using chat an board abbreviations and typos carrying on bout it then go off if i take the time to type something out? ROAR!

join kent. keep it up. go ahead and post it on the new years resolutions thread why dont ya harry!?!?

Take it outside, unless you have something constructive to say that's relevant to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by diysteph View Post
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. You say it will give me an ungrounded outlet, are ungrounded outlets safe?
    Ungrounded outlets have been around for years, they are the ones that only two pronged plugs will plug into. Grounding is no use if the device you are plugging in only has two prongs, like most lamps. You could install GCFI outlet which would give protection against shock. They can be installed without a ground. I would not use and ungrounded outlet for electronic equipment.

As I Said earlier, be sure the power is off when working on the wiring and be sure to cap the wires you disconnect.

Let us know how you make out.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 12-15-2008 at 11:27 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

amazing yourself bsum, oops thats bsum1 (among many others) now.

why not quote and link the actual string? the OP had a horrific problem discovered all and then some, remember? good thing he didn't buy it! Funny how all your nasty posts had to be removed by moderators isn't it? The topic string is here:
    http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/showthread.php?t=8041 Andrew was very pleased with the information I helped him with on both of his strings, and he said so both publically on the posts and in private messages. Unlike the now banned buddy of yours, I was right about the required disconnects and all else I pointed out, he of course was completely wrong on the required disconnect issue (2005 NEC rules in NJ at that time) and several other points that he arrogantly insulted and argued (several of those obnoxious posts also removed by administration) and the on-site electrician found the iissues I did, all violations plus found even more problems.

you really should read the main forum page for TOH Discussions and the user agreement. this is a discussion forum not fake "professional" consultations.
    pig slop. you've wasted over 300 posts between the three of you stalking harassing taunting complaining capitalization, word choice sentance structure using chat an board abbreviations and typos carrying on bout it then go off if i take the time to type something out? ROAR!

join kent. keep it up. go ahead and post it on the new years resolutions thread why dont ya harry!?!?
    As you said this is a forum, to be clear an open forum. Which means people are allowed to post their opinions even if they don't concur with yours. That's the point, if it isn't yours that's accepted you go into a hissy fit, because it has to be yours and yours only. You are only the one that's correct about everything.
    The subject of that thread is irrelevant what is relevent is your posting style in a dumbed down fashion to divert ( as you like to say ). Also what is relevant is you stated you are not an electrician but yet you suddenly know everything about the electrical codes and amazingly enough your posting style is mysteriously very clear ( to divert? )
    Remember this is a discussion forum and not a sounding board for a fake professional like yourself.
    Seems your new favourite saying is pig slop and with your behaviour I would have more respect for pigs than I would for you.

Oh and I'm sure this might end up getting me banned ( I'm sure you're busy reporting as I type) but the truth be told that's something you know all to well , right DwarfWytch,YukYuk,Rayhemp and soon to be banned BlueRidge Parkway?

By the way Blue Know It All , my name isn't Harry.