+ Reply to Thread

Default Closet with Sliding Doors

After remodeling, we are closing in an 125" wide by 34" deep area for a closet, and we'd like to use a sliding bypass closet door system. We were thinking of making the opening around 9' wide. What are the pros and cons of going with 3 vs. 4 doors? Also, we want to purchase hardware that will last, probably with a bottom track, and we want the doors to operate smoothly, quietly, and for a very long time! (smile!) Do you have any brand or style recommendations? How many rails should we use, and is it necessary to purchase the total length across, or can two rails go end to end? What about doors...the closet is going to be used for clothing...what is the best style of door to go with? We would appreciate any help you can give us. Thank you very much!

Default Re: Closet with Sliding Doors

You can install 3 36" doors in two tracks. That would allow for ample opening of one door at a time. I can't recommend any brands but would suggest you look for setups that have rollers on the bottom of the doors rather than them sliding on a track.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Jack, old post brought up by a spammer. Gotta check the dates before you post.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I thought we did away with spammers.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Jack, wake up! Wake up Jack! Jaa-aaaack ...

You're obviously dreaming ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

check www.onestepahead.com. They have special locks for sliding doors and sliding closet doors. They may be kind of flimsy, but at $5 for a 2-pack you cannot beat the price.