+ Reply to Thread

Question Storage room insulation

Hello,

I recently bought a condo. The patio had a small storage room (11x3 feet, about 10 feet high) attached to the building that needs insulation. One wall is shared with my condo, the other is shared with the neighbor's storage room, another goes to my patio (this is the long side and has the door), and the last is exterior (to the pool area). The roof is the black type and has no insulation either. There is no window.

I'm in Northern California and in summer temperatures inside it reach -my guess from what I remember- 120F (outside it's rarely beyond 105F, and mostly just 90-95F). I would like to have it insulated so that the temperatures stay below 85, as I plan to put some DVDs, baby's clothes in clear boxes, etc.

Six guys have come buy and told me different stories. Some would only use blown-in insulation, others would combine that with rigid (for the wall shared with the neighbor's storage room), others would use fiber glass everywhere, others tell me that I won't be able to keep it cool even with insulation. Others say that I would need a fan for ventillation.

What would you guys recommend? Is it impossible to keep it cool without ventilation? Is it true -as some say- that blown-in is not used anymore and not good?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Storage room insulation

Are the interior walls " finished " , or are they studs and siding ?