I bought this cute little 1925 house last year. Never got a home inspection because the co-owners thought it was a waste of money. After fixing most of the plumbing, I just found out that the sewer in the bathroom along with the vent from the kitchen (electric stove) both go right into the attic. AND The kitchen sink vents into the basement. Reading a lot of posts today I'm very nervous about health and fire dangers. Only 994 sq ft of house.

This might be a strange question, I've already spent over 300 dollars this year on vet bills for mysterious nasal and skin irritations on my 2 Persian cats. Wondering if the gases leaking into my house are causing problems with them??? The attic is insulated and new roof was put on 2 yrs ago. The roofers probably just cut the lines.

My boyfriend and I will be working on fixing the vents this weekend. Temporarily we will vent out the side attic vents until we can put new holes in the roof. But curious if any home improvement (slash) Veterinarian people have a input on this cat issue. What better place to ask than this old house, huh?

Thank you in advance for any advice.