+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Exclamation More confusion about concrete in Knoxville TN.

after I picked my contractor, ( he has all the paperwork good price and I was able to talk to him without issue)he brought over his crew and then left. The guy in charge of the crew started looking at the side of my yard and is worried that there might not be enough of a grade to make the concrete have proper runoff and the water could go back toward the house. He also hit the telephone cable and does not want to put my other drains under the house because he does not want to hit any more cables and is worried that it will not fit because the the grade. He is not sure how he is going to fix the problem..

I suggested drains, because I am already having my existing house drains go under the concrete... he said he did not want to do that because if it broke we would have an issue well we already have the water being piped from the gutter run off under the concrete so why would the other drain be an issue?...

I am not sure if he is being lazy or telling the truth...

any ideas I posted photos of the side of the yard... I know it can be done... we did it all the time in california.

I am a bit worried about this too.. any suggestions to what to do on this.
    this link shows photos
    http://gallery.me.com/dfulgencio#100537

Default Re: More confusion about concrete in Knoxville TN.

If the drain pipe is properly installed when the concrete is poured, whats going to break it after the concrete sets?