+ Reply to Thread

Default Stumped: Cannot Get Rid of Certain Weeds!

For about a year now, I've been trying to get rid of a ton of weeds. I'm not exactly sure what they are, but they aren't easy to get rid of, as they grow pretty quick and seed everywhere. I've trying pulling up by the roots, digging up the roots, making rock beds with landscaping paper over them, and finally weed killer. Nothing works. And after weeding, they're back to 3/4 inches tall after a week. I have no clue how to get rid of these things!

Default Re: Stumped: Cannot Get Rid of Certain Weeds!

That weed looks like a member to the family of the Morning Glory. The one I have here looks a lot like what you have and it's called 'Bind Weed'. The root is about a foot and a half below the surface and it sends out runners underground. I hate to use it but I have purchased some 'Roundup' and am spot treating. I should know in a few days if it really works.

Default Re: Stumped: Cannot Get Rid of Certain Weeds!

Well it's been at least a week since I used the herbicide 'Roundup' and I am here to tell you that it dose NOT work. Save your money and just use a stinking shovel to dig down to the roots or just chop off the growing part and keep it up until the plant dies from lack of being able to grow and uses up all it's energy trying to grow. Could be your new career.