+ Reply to Thread

Question Closet space for A-Frame house

I have an A-Frame house where the upstairs bedroom closets are on one of the outside walls. Currently there is a single wood rod running the length of the closet (126" long), but I would like to take advantage of the rest of the space without crawling on my hands-and-knees under my clothes. The closet space is 41" deep with the back wall of the closet being 37.5" high. The front of the closet is 78.5" high and there is 58" of angled ceiling. I have approximately 20" behind the hanging clothes that is extremely difficult to get to and therefore is currently very cluttered. I have searched the internet, Rubbermaid, and ClosetMaid, but have found no solutions.

Do I have any other option besides my current layout?

Default Re: Closet space for A-Frame house

maybe two U configurations side by side with tall items hanging close to the entrance and lower bar to the back with either a lower bar along the back or narrow drawer unit or shelf unit for storage or shoes. if space doesn't work for two U configurations side to side then try mapping out an "E" configuration. closet maid and others have some fantastic options these days you can trim down the taller "box" unit to make it shorter before you assemble (you take it off the floor side) you could use them for ideas even if you build it yourself some of the harware might be useful. full extension ball bearing slides for pull out shelves or drawers.
    Last edited by Blue RidgeParkway; 12-08-2008 at 11:14 AM.