+ Reply to Thread

Default Tracing wiring from a flood light

Well, basicly we moved into our home about a year ago and there is a flood light on one side that i have no idea where the switch is, or if there even is one. I have tried every switch in the house and it won't turn on. The bulbs are good and i pulled the cover off the the wiring is connected and heads into the stucco into the wall. I just don't know where it goes from there. Is there an easy way to trace the wiring and possibly find if there is a problem, a switch somewhere that has been covered, or if it really just isn't connected?

Default Re: Tracing wiring from a flood light

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeep View Post
    Well, basicly we moved into our home about a year ago and there is a flood light on one side that i have no idea where the switch is, or if there even is one. I have tried every switch in the house and it won't turn on. The bulbs are good and i pulled the cover off the the wiring is connected and heads into the stucco into the wall. I just don't know where it goes from there. Is there an easy way to trace the wiring and possibly find if there is a problem, a switch somewhere that has been covered, or if it really just isn't connected?
    If it has a motion sensor it wouldnt be uncommon for them to not have a switch. If it has a sensor look for a voltage with a non contact voltage tester, if there is no sensor or no voltage I would go with the obvious first, look for a switch near the closest door then work my way inside, if that doesnt work you could try a toner.
    Help us name our new Hidden Content