+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Doesn't sound bad to me........sounds pretty wise.
    say that softly, some people around here will challange you on that. and it isn't really wise, more like common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    What the heck does a Janka hardness test have to do with 3/4" oak flooring?

Google Janka.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

No offense to the original poster, see what you started?
    What were you thinking?

What the heck does a Janka hardness test have to do with 3/4" oak flooring? Your diatribe is absolutely meaningless as are your "hardness" numbers. These aren't 2" thick planks DUH and there could even be a knot or a pin knot, as he said this wasn't the most expensive grade of oak floor.

Pig Slop!

Questioning the fact set presented by the orginal poster which he repeated several times isn't opinion or inquiry you were disputing what he presented. TWISTED you are Jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Google Janka.
    Jack
    You should! ROAR!!! it has NOTHING to do with oak flooring 3/4". A Janka hardness test is done on a clear SOLID 2x4x6 or a 2x2x6" block of wood! your metal ball would compress with far less force into 3/4" milled flooring.

What the heck does a Janka hardness test have to do with 3/4" oak flooring? Your diatribe is absolutely meaningless as are your "hardness" numbers. These aren't 2" thick planks DUH and there could even be a knot or a pin knot, as he said this wasn't the most expensive grade of oak floor.

Pig Slop!

Questioning the fact set presented by the orginal poster which he repeated several times isn't opinion or inquiry you were disputing what he presented. TWISTED you are Jack.
    You should! ROAR!!! it has NOTHING to do with oak flooring 3/4". A Janka hardness test is done on a clear SOLID 2x4x6 or a 2x2x6" block of wood! your metal ball would compress with far less force into 3/4" milled flooring.
    Let's see, the Janka hardness scale is a generally accepted standard for the rating of the hardness of wood , 3/4" oak flooring is made of oak(red or white), oak (red or white) is a wood . Only you would see no relevance .By the way the Janka rateing on a knot would generally be even higher. It amazes me that you, who constantly likes to quote standards, would choose to ignore an industry standard.

What fact set by the original poster, which he repeated several times, did I question?

At least I assume you meant original not orginal.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 12-11-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Let's see, the Janka hardness scale is a generally accepted standard for the rating of the hardness of wood , 3/4" oak flooring is made of oak(red or white), oak (red or white) is a wood . Only you would see no relevance .By the way the Janka rateing on a knot would generally be even higher. It amazes me that you, who constantly likes to quote standards, would choose to ignore a standard.

What fact set by the original poster, which he repeated several times, did I question?

Jack
    see she mis spelled so she doesn't know anything about this topic according to her own line of reasoning

Let's see, the Janka hardness scale is a generally accepted standard for the rating of the hardness of wood , 3/4" oak flooring is made of oak(red or white), oak (red or white) is a wood . Only you would see no relevance .By the way the Janka rateing on a knot would generally be even higher (!!!!) (!!!!). It amazes me that you, who constantly likes to quote standards, would choose to ignore a standard.

Jack
    ROAR! your b.s. 300 lb calculations faulty AND your statements about H and requiring force equal to a Janka hardness scale average for 2"x2"x6" block of solid oak were total B.S. and had NOTHING to do with the force required to indent an oak plank or strip floor only 3/4" (or less) thick, YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE STANDARD, HOW IT IS APPLIED, WHAT THE TEST RESULTS MEAN, OR HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED. THAT IS THE POINT DUH.
    Last edited by Blue RidgeParkway; 12-11-2008 at 02:13 PM.

ROAR! your b.s. 300 lb calculations faulty AND your statements about H and requiring force were total B.S. THAT IS THE POINT DUH.
    you are saying his post is b.s. But based on what do you say this? I personally don't have knowledge in this area, but if you are disputing him you need to provide proof. your word just isn't enough because you have never given proof of experience in any area what so ever.

My statements about H and requiring force? What does that mean in English?
    Jack

Oh, and Blue why didn't you answer my question "What fact set by the original poster, which he repeated several times, did I question?" ?
    Jack