+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I think you're wrong Havana, I think Quark weighed about 100 Lbs.
    Jack
    I stand corrected. I made a wrong assumption.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,622

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    I stand corrected. I made a wrong assumption.
    But then, being one of the galactically stupid or perhaps fallen off of stiletto heels and bumped my head, I may have misunderstood the question.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    But then, being one of the galactically stupid or perhaps fallen off of stiletto heels and bumped my head, I may have misunderstood the question.
    Jack
    LOL Jack please..... some pictures I don't need in my head. lol

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,617

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    LOL Jack please..... some pictures I don't need in my head. lol
    Speaking of marks that aren't going to be removed easily ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I doubt any of you guests weighed enough to excerpt that much pressure.

    It would take a person weighing 300+ lbs standing on a ¼ sq.inch heal on the steel ball to make the indentation used in Janka test.

    The pins used in the heels posted by BRP has a sizable flat head and not likely less than ¼ sq. inch...

    By the way are you sure that they are indentations and not a blemish, like fish-eyes, in the finish?
    Seems your math is FAULTY with such declarations. Yes you did dispute the math and the science, your Janka post was referring to the post I made about the wood floor manufacturers using language about disclaiming injury from stiletto heels, the 2,000 psi comparison to a 3/8" undamaged stilletto heel.

    There is a scale in the photo and SEVERAL of the heels pictured are less than 1/4 sq. inch.

    You did dispute the original poster.

    Oh, and by the way kittens are SHORT heeled STILETTO shoes.
    Last edited by Blue RidgeParkway; 12-10-2008 at 04:37 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,622

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    Seems your math is FAULTY with such declarations. Yes you did dispute the math and the science, your Janka post was referring to the post I made about the wood floor manufacturers using language about disclaiming injury from stiletto heels, the 2,000 psi comparison to a 3/8" undamaged stilletto heel.

    There is a scale in the photo and SEVERAL of the heels pictured are less than 1/4 sq. inch.

    You did dispute the original poster.

    Oh, and by the way kittens are SHORT heeled STILETTO shoes.
    Asking a question "By the way are you sure that they are indentations and not a blemish, like fish-eyes, in the finish?" is not disputing the OP, it's a question.

    Expressing an opinion is not arguing.

    Kittens are cute little fury felines.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 12-10-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post

    I doubt any of you guests weighed enough to excerpt(*) that much pressure.
    (*) I ASSUMED you meant exert not excerpt.

    doubt
    verb (used with object) 1.to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
    2.to distrust.
    3.Archaic. to fear; be apprehensive about.–verb (used without object)
    4.to be uncertain about something; be undecided in opinion or belief.
    –noun
    5.a feeling of uncertainty about the truth, reality, or nature of something.
    6.distrust.
    7.a state of affairs such as to occasion uncertainty.

    doubt." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 10 Dec. 2008. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/doubt>.

    doubt
    v. doubt·ed, doubt·ing, doubts

    v. tr.

    1. To be undecided or skeptical about: began to doubt some accepted doctrines.
    2. To tend to disbelieve; distrust: doubts politicians when they make sweeping statements.
    3. To regard as unlikely: I doubt that we'll arrive on time.
    4. Archaic To suspect; fear.
    Then you implied for a guest to mar his oak floor they would have to have weighed in excess of 300 lbs.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,622

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Opinion- a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

    Twist- to alter the meaning of : distort, pervert <twisted the facts

    Distort- to twist out of the true meaning or proportion <distorted the facts>

    Question-an act or instance of asking : inquiry

    Inquiry-: a request for information


    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Jack a certain book refers to the act of casting pearls after swine. and I'm sure you can make application here

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: My Oak Floors Keep Denting!

    Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    Jack a certain book refers to the act of casting pearls after swine. and I'm sure you can make application here
    That should be "before swine".

    You can easily Google your way to the verse.

    (Am grinnin' and duckin' about now. )
    Last edited by goldhiller; 12-10-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •