+ Reply to Thread

Default Concrete Counter Tops?

I have heard and read of a method of creating your own customized concrete counter top by making a form and pouring it. Then, after vibrating the air pockets out with an orbital sander on the sides of the form, and letting it cure, flipping it into place. I sounds like an inexpensive way to give my kitchen a durable colored counter top. I am just wondering if it would crack when flipped, even with the reinforcing wire, around voids left for sinks? Anyone respond?

Default Re: Concrete Counter Tops?

I am looking into the same thing for my kitchen. i was also wondering how to connect two pieces to make one long continuous counter or a peninsula.

Flip is a relative term. The consistency of the concrete and the thickness will determine how much of a flip it will withstand. I have seem concrete tiles roll of the bed of a truck onto concrete drive an remain intact and others break apart when picked up.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Why not build the form on the cabinet and then pour? I thought that is what DIY does.

I may look into that myself. For an outdoor kitchen.

Home Maker