+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have you ever had a bout with Wrap Rage?

TOH has become aware of products like Zibra's Open It!, a special gadget designed to open just about any package and cut through the thickest wire twisty tie in the most impossible to open action figure.

Apparently wrap rage is an issue certain manufacturers are trying to combat, too, by making packaging more "user friendly."

What do YOU use to open impossible packages; feel free to mention your go-to, run-of-the-mill X-Acto or utility knife or tell us about your special gadgets (CD openers, anyone?)

BONUS QUESTION: Are you a giftwrap master? Tell us about your cool gift-wrapping accessories, too. Use anything from your workshop for that chore?

Default Re: Have you ever had a bout with Wrap Rage?

#1 linesman pliers/cutters and when necessary a sawzall demo blade for serious demo.

#2 when wrapping something that refuses to be wrapped one can always resort to builders paper (straight kraft NOT rosin paper)and the magic DUCT TAPE its silvery color is FESTIVE and can mimick ribbon! spray, brush, or even splash and throw paint at it pollack style using any built up engergy from frenzy and rage, while embibing in some much deserved holiday CHEER/SPIRITS while you lean back and watch paint dry. and yes, Mrs. Claus has resorted to this method wrapping canoes, bicycles, etc. when there wasn't an elf around when it was needed.

Thumbs up Re: Have you ever had a bout with Wrap Rage?

Yes,

OCDP here............I own about 10 of these..

I'd never wear one on a belt because it would show marks at some point on the belt....... I prefer to sharpen and oil them after each use.

As far as packaging?........... Large hepavac surface with a very careful measuring, folding and taping method.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    embibing in some much deserved holiday CHEER/SPIRITS
    Also provides the necessary antiseptic.

and and absolute must.

The bonus question- eliminates the need for wrapping paper, tape, and ribbon.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 12-05-2008 at 11:41 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I also use metal shears to cut through hard core plastic packages. Smaller, more flexible plastic I can just use my regular scissors.

I do have a very sharp pocket knife, but would probably cut my finger off before I cut the plastic.

Bonus: This is where my green Christmas comes in. I use old wrapping paper and glue to cover a shoe box - instant gift box.

NOVA Pros

I jusr use my Fiskars sewing scissors that way I can't cut myself.

I just use my Fiskars sewing scissors that way I can't cut myself.

LOL!! :-D Love this thread!

Those hateful packing demons... sometimes I use scissors, sometimes a razor blade (single edge), once my hand saw.

I'm the package decorating queen! Lots of doo-dads, collected over the year at clearance sales and also recycled from previous gifts, tied on with ribbons, the cold glue gun is very helpful... Christmas packages usually get as much sparkle as I can get on them.

For things that don't wrap well? That's what the gift bags were made for - and they even have some big giant ones (those get recycled, too - my family is big on reusing the bags, ribbons, and doo-dads). There are some things, however, all you can do is put a ribbon and a pretty bow on 'em. Live plants don't bag well, neither do live animals, and you just can't wrap a ****fish!

Wink Re: Have you ever had a bout with Wrap Rage?

My wife has a couple pair of scissors that give tin snips a run for their money. They are the ones that are advertised to cut cans and all kinds of odd things. They make light work of things that have the bubble wrap, you know, the ones that have no apparent end to the seam. But, when the scissors, utility knives fail, there are always my 3lb. tin snips.

Calcats

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Reed View Post
    I jusr use my Fiskars sewing scissors that way I can't cut myself.
    This is what I do also.
    2009 kitchen remodel warrior

asbolute black granite
    Antique White Hidden Content
    Travertine 18" x 18" floor tiles.
    It looks Great!!