+ Reply to Thread

Default broken shower diverter handle

The single lever shower diverter handle in our bathroom has broken.the single lever had a threaded stem that screwed into the diverter that regulates the mix of hot and cold water and the threaded stem broke off of the lever.I don't know the make of the diverter since it has been there since we bought the house. is a repair kit available or does the entire valve need to be replaced..thanks

Default Re: broken shower diverter handle

Quote Originally Posted by joe3191 View Post
    The single lever shower diverter handle in our bathroom has broken.the single lever had a threaded stem that screwed into the diverter that regulates the mix of hot and cold water and the threaded stem broke off of the lever.I don't know the make of the diverter since it has been there since we bought the house. is a repair kit available or does the entire valve need to be replaced..thanks
    Remove the stem and take it to a plumbing supply store. NOT Home Depot or Lowes. They can usually match the piece and sell you a replacement.

I did this with a valve stem from the bathtub in my apartment. They looked at it and said "Yep, this is an Elgir model XYZ". I was very impressed.

Default Re: broken shower diverter handle

You may need to get an easy out to remove the broken end from the diverter. As stated above take the handle and the threaded end to a plumbing supply, they may be able to match it or supply a generic handle with the right thread.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb