+ Reply to Thread

Question where would I go to change the address of my house?

Hi: I don't know how to do this, but i bought a house that has a corner lot. Misteriously the address is on one street, where the entrance leasd to the side of the garage, basicaly you enter the house through the side of the garage. The main entrance of the house is on the other street. Does anybody know where should we go ask a new address. The house is located in Edison, NJ. Thanks,
    Faby

Default Re: where would I go to change the address of my house?

chances are your township wont do something like this. however if you do try your best bet is the city planning offic
    fire up the saw and make some dust

The post office assignees addresses.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thank you guys I'll try in these two places.
    Faby59

This is not nearly as involved as you might think. I once fixed up a loft into an apartment, and wanted to get mail where mail hadn't been delivered previously.

Here's what I did - I simply put up a mailbox, then picked a number that made sense. (between the other numbers on the road) I put that number on the mailbox, then had friends send me a couple of letters to that address. I made sure there was outgoing mail in the mailbox, and also got an address stamp that had the address I created on it.

That was it! I had mail service in no time, because the post office will try to deliver mail if they can, and they pick up outgoing mail if they find it. Within a month I was getting the regular junk mail.

There's a whole lot more to it than just mail delivery . There are legal descriptions of property which would need to be correct for tax purposes , mortgages , land surveys etc. And there's also the 911 emergency services to consider .