+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED lighting

Default LED lighting

I replaced par 20 halogen lights with led lights to conserve energy and all 8 hum now and flicker. If I turn on my breakfast nook light The flicker stops and the hum sound decreases but is still present. Any ideas?

Default Re: LED lighting

Quote Originally Posted by swadedvm View Post
    I replaced par 20 halogen lights with led lights to conserve energy and all 8 hum now and flicker. If I turn on my breakfast nook light The flicker stops and the hum sound decreases but is still present. Any ideas?
    My guess would be a low quality LED bulb my be the culprit. And yes I do know all LEDs are salty in price, but I have yet to fine one actually worth the price. LEDs have a long way to go before they will become widely accepted.

Thanks so much. That easily make sense...sad thing is that they were purchased at hd...figured they wold find reputable products. I have par 38 in kitchen and love them..quiet and bright

Any idea on reputable brands

another question, I replaced the lights and the noise is fixed but they will still flicker some and it is intermittent any idea?

another question, I replaced the lights and the noise is fixed but they will still flicker some and it is intermittent any idea?
    What did you replace the lights with?

a different brand led par 20 light

a different brand led par 20 light
    So methinks along the lines of "deadshort" that the transformer is the culprip. Could the manufacturer replace the unit?
    I have located the transformer in a cellar access or in some out of the way spot, to reduce the possibility of transformer hum becoming an issue...

Come to think about it. the original incadescent lights that were in the eyeball lights would dim occaisonally. does this mean anything?

the hum was directly from the lights. they screw directly into the light fixtures