+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Question 220 to barn to well

I want to replace the overhead from the pole to the barn and underground from the barn to the well. The well uses 220. The barn has one 110 circuit with three lights and three plugs. At present at the pole is a fuse box with two 30 amp pole fuses. The overhead wire runs 60 feet to the barn. In the barn is a breaker box with a 30 amp two pole breaker and a 20 amp single pole breaker for the circuit in the barn for the lights and plugs that are used rarely. The 220 circuit use a B/WG10 that runs across the barn to box were it connects to anther B/WG10 that runs under ground about 150 ft to the well. At the well is 20 amp two pole breaker that goes to the pressure switch to the well and a single pole 20 amp that goes to a light and plug circuit used rarely. The under ground wire has had four breaks in the last three years and pain to find and fix. I assume this will get worse with time. So I want to put the under ground in conduit and wonder about size of wire to use and question the use of b\wG for 220.
    Last edited by Powercat; 05-09-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: word missing
    Carl Garten
    116 Aspen Rd
    Salina Ks 67401
    Hidden Content