+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thumbs down replace stucco molding

I am replacing stucco molding around the door to my electric meter box.
    The old molding has a piece (like a lip) that goes behind the stucco- almost like a key. This lip does not show when molding is nailed.
    Both side pieces and top and bottom are mitered. It is impossible to slide all four pieces behind the stucco edge and get mitered corners together.
    In the past, I have cut a four inch section out of the middle of the longer pieces and glued it back in when the other pieces are nailed in. Any other ideas?

Default Re: replace stucco molding

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen Ryan View Post
    I am replacing stucco molding around the door to my electric meter box.
    The old molding has a piece (like a lip) that goes behind the stucco- almost like a key. This lip does not show when molding is nailed.
    Both side pieces and top and bottom are mitered. It is impossible to slide all four pieces behind the stucco edge and get mitered corners together.
    In the past, I have cut a four inch section out of the middle of the longer pieces and glued it back in when the other pieces are nailed in. Any other ideas?
    You could install three sides at full length and then cut the final side in half so that you can fit them in like puzzle pieces.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!