Hi. My basement flooded last nite from too much groundwater. I looked at my two sump pumps to see if they were working, and they are. However,one of the discharge hoses outside seems to be stopped up. It's draining slowly so it's not completely clogged; more water was going in than can be drained so....(shrugs).

The hose in question is a three inch wide black corrugated plastic hose that runs underground to a drain at points unknown. My assumption is that the hose discharges into the sewage system nearby. I found a trench 200 ft away in the backyard that's full of water and mud....I think this is where the drainage is supposed to go. I CAN'T see any openings in the trench or any pipes...but it must be for drainage. How can I fix the clog? Can I buy a router to clear out the crud or, will I have to dig a whole new trench and lay new hose? Also, there's a storm drain closer by (less than thirty ft). Can a PVC setup be run into it? Any sage advice will be MOST welcome.

One more question. My second pump has a PVC drainage pipe that feeds into the sewage pipe in the house. Can I just run PVC from the first pump into the main house piping without compromising the plumbing system?

I'm a green homeowner....first house. I'm used to condos and having the association handle stuff like this. So, DETAILED info is needed pls.