+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Old wash machine ? Recycle the tub as fire pit.

Before you recycle washmachine remove the stell tub from inside to use as a portable fire pit.Ecellent heat radiated trough all the tiny holes.Great for the beach , campping, or just lounging in the backyard on a chilly night.throw a grill on top and your eating.

Default Re: Old wash machine ? Recycle the tub as fire pit.

Probably not a good idea if it's an enameled tub rather than SS.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Probably not a good idea if it's an enameled tub rather than SS.
    Jack
    Jack I don't understand why I mean I have pots that are enameled and our stove has an enamel coating inside. is it a different enamel?

Good point havana ... i've used enameled cookware on open fires while camping.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

First of all your stove is not likely to reach 1200 degrees F like a wood fire. Generally when you cook on an open fire your cook ware is above the fire not in it and it usually has something in it to cook. Try putting your enamel cook ware directly in the fire with nothing in it and leave it and see what happens. A lot of cookware has been ruined that way. And if you put the fire out with water it really gets exciting.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    First of all your stove is not likely to reach 1200 degrees F like a wood fire. Generally when you cook on an open fire your cook ware is above the fire not in it and it usually has something in it to cook. Try putting your enamel cook ware directly in the fire with nothing in it and leave it and see what happens. A lot of cookware has been ruined that way. And if you put the fire out with water it really gets exciting.
    Jack
    lol jack I take your word for it thats why I asked