We used my sister-inlaw's new cabin for my son's birthday party and spilled some drinks and cake on the floor. My wife used some Mean Green Mildew Stain Destroyer (contains sodium hypochlorite, surfactants, and sodium hydroxide) to clean where the spills were and she also wiped in a larger area. When the floor dried and I walked in and saw it, I was hoping it was a bad dream. There were now spots all over the floor where she had cleaned that were noticebly lighter. My sister-in law has spent a lot of time and resources on this project and we want to restore the floor to the appearance it had before the birthday party

The floor is built from cedar that was sawed within the last year. It has had some type of bug repellent and sealer applied to it, but no varnish or stain.

In order to keep from experimenting on the floor itself, I'm going to try to locate a board that was left over from the project and apply the bug repellent and sealer then spot it with the cleaner to replicate the current condition.

I have a few ideas to try out on my experimental board but I'm hoping that someone out there might know exactly what to do.

Thanks in advance.

rrhblue67