+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default Hanging Shelves - Seems Simple But NOT

Okay - so hanging anything on my walls is always an exercise in futility and a major undertaking for me. A miracle is when I can hang anything so that it's strait, doesn't fall off the wall, etc. etc. I say all this so everyone knows what a non-handywoman I am.

I want to hang this shelf - the kind that looks like molding with recessed holes in the back. I just don't get what I'm supposed to use so that it lies flush against the wall. I've drilled 2 holes, and used 2 screws that are drilled almost all the way into the wall (and therein seems to lie the problem). The shelf hangs, but it is just ever-so-slightly hangs away from the wall and not flush, for obvious reasons. What, pray tell, am I supposed to use for this kind of shelf?

I got it at a thrift store so there were no instructions with it. I don't think it's a coincidence that the hole looks like a little screaming face, lol.

p.s. I hope folks that answer don't get into a "I know more than you do" match, as that is what happened the last time I tried to get help here, and frankly, it's been a while since I've posted because of that bad experience. I just want some help - that's all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC010023.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	1860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC010022.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	1861