+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wall Murals

Question Wall Murals

Does anyone know of a good company that creates custom wall murals? I have a painting in mind but the one company that I was able to find requires that you pick out paintings from their inventory.

Default Re: Wall Murals

Check with local art studios for local artists. My neighbor is an artist and this is how he became a muralist, decorating many local businesses with his work.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I would think you would really think about copyrights of published work and check it against what you would like as a mural.

As Spruce suggests you may want to find someone local who's work you like and go from there.

But, artistic styles will vary so widely that I would again suggest that you work with someone local for the design as to what you like.

I only have a couple of my own paintings in my home. But here's how it works for me….. I will probably do five to ten sketches for a final piece. I look at color and composition…….. I frame them up and put them next to my PC to look at them over time as mini sketches………….

You might work with someone in the same way to get what you would like…….

Sketch one of mine for a gift, below…………… ( The colors are really screwed up with a phone cam)

are you looking for a murialist who will paint a wall for you or a company that will reproduce an image on multiple panels of wall paper material for you to install as a complete mural? yes on the second but they're here in Virgina. Probably lots of closer options nearer to you like NYC area.

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    why not support a art student, id say just go to the art college and put up a posting looking for a mural, keep costs down and help out a starving art student, as the art students i know are starving more than college students
    That's not a bad idea, though I'd definitely ask for a portfolio of work to-date, and if possible any mural work done, though I guess this would go for any artist that was being hired. Also keep in mind that just because an artist can do small doesn't necessarily mean that they can do larger items.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lkarasev2293 View Post
    Does anyone know of a good company that creates custom wall murals? I have a painting in mind but the one company that I was able to find requires that you pick out paintings from their inventory.
    You might try here http://www.muralsyourway.com/myw4-cu...D=102760114021

If you don’t personally own the image, you may need to obtain copyright permission.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 11-30-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb