+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why report spam

Default Why report spam

The administrator and moderators don't seem to monitor the posts, the reports, or PMs sent to them and the spammers go on and on. The question is why report spam?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Why report spam

My thought exactly.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

ditto that --- and from such a professionally administered high profile forum
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    ditto that --- and from such a professionally administered high profile forum
    Methinks the "Spamanator" only works on the second Tuesday in the first week of the month.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    Methinks the "Spamanator" only works on the second Tuesday in the first week of the month.....
    the admins. probably are using the highly unstable and controversial " invisi-o-matic " tool
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by deadshort View Post
    Kind of interesting, to me anyway……….. Me and another fella admin a forum and still do it the old fashioned way by reviewing and approving or disapproving each member application manually.
    Same thing on the forum that I admin. And wouldn't you know it, we've got no spam, no harassment, no flame wars. Amazing things happen with a modicum of live moderation ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

A NOTE FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR:

ALERT!!!

As many of you have noticed (it's hard not to, after all) there's an issue with our SPAM filter. Bear with us while we try to fix the filter and get rid of the offending posts. Thanks for your patience, and thanks for your reports. Keep 'em coming; they're our only direct finding aid for removal.

This alert has been up for a long time ---- it's time to walk the walk.

One would think when spammers post in a thread started by the moderators, they would notice something is wrong.
    - Rush

Default Re: PVC body

Doesn't this just take the cake !!!!
    - Rush

Default Re: PVC body

Quote Originally Posted by haibo0973 View Post
    Rude girl Rihanna squeezes into VERY revealing PVC body on first night of UK tourhttp://www.pvcpanels.net/
    As of this post, that makes 135 spam posts by this jackass.

The "report post" thingy is kind of like the TSA and airport security. It makes you think that someone is doing something about the problem, but it doesn't actually do any good.

It reminds me of an old MAD Magazine cartoon in which they provided the reader "x-ray vision" of what goes on behind the scenes. One cartoon showed a suggestion box, and the x-ray vision revealed a paper shredder just under the slot.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.