+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small garden

Question Small garden

Hello fellow gardeners, summer is so far away for me but here goes. I have a very tiny front yard, too close to road.What is a girl to do
    Here is a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house improvements 017.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	1851  

Default Re: Small garden

Depends on what a girl WANTS to do.

First thing I would suggest is to install a driveway and entry. Driveway should be from the fence to the edge of the existing sidewalk, the sidewalk should be pulled and redone either with pavers or it can be poured with the new driveway, but I would be inclined to stamp and stain it so that it's an element unto it's own.

It looks like you need to maintain access to whatever the structure is at the left end of the house, with that I'd either install a second walkway from the street OR tee off of the entry walk and use pavers or stepping stones to define the path. I would maintain a flower bed along the house with the pathway next to it, then grass or develop the rest of the area with plants and shrubs. If underground and overhead utilities permit, a specimen tree would also be a nice addition in the middle of the yard.

Whatever you plan, make sure to include irrigation and electrical so that you can water and accent light paths, coach lights at the corners of the driveway/walkway, foot lighting, etc.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Arrow Re: Small garden

I like the driveway idea. You can pour concrete and stamp with almost any shape you can think of, which most of the time is less expensive than pavers. You can use the same technique to the left, and even use a different pattern if desired.

Just note, that the more you do at one time with concrete, the less the cost, than coming back for multiple projects.

NOVA Pros