+ Reply to Thread

Cool low kitchen sink water presure

This is a grohe faucet. it has a pullout spray head. i had to replace the fitting at the faucet end of the hose due to a leak. I also replaced the cartridge because the water pressure was low. I also clesned out the sprayer head and cleaned out the lines by running water through the hose into a bucket. now, after 2 weeks the water pressure is again low. i cleaned out tye spray head again but the water pressure did not improve. whats my next move?

richard

Default Re: low kitchen sink water presure

Try to isolate the problem. Is the pressure equally low on both the hot side and cold side when each side is turned on individually? If yes, it is probably in the spray head. If no, then it is in line to the cartridge on that particular side.
    If it is the spray head, disconnect the head from the hose and see if there is good pressure to that point. I recently had to dismantle a head to clean it out.
    If say the hot side is the only one with low pressure, you can try to blow it clear by unhooking the hot supply line and aim it into a bucket; turn on the faucet to the warm position and restrict the water from flowing out the spray head with towel and your hand. The idea is to force the cold water through the cartridge back out through the hot supply line and carry out anything that may be restricting the flow originally. You may have already tried these, but good luck.

I am also having an issue with low kitchen sink water pressure. I recently replaced a 30 year old faucet that was leaking with a new faucet. The old faucet had great water pressure but leaked. The new faucet has very low water pressure with both cold and hot water. The water pressure is so low the sprayer doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this or should I return the new faucet? This is my first home, so I appreciate everyone's help.

Quote Originally Posted by cofirsttimeowner View Post
    I am also having an issue with low kitchen sink water pressure. I recently replaced a 30 year old faucet that was leaking with a new faucet. The old faucet had great water pressure but leaked. The new faucet has very low water pressure with both cold and hot water. The water pressure is so low the sprayer doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this or should I return the new faucet? This is my first home, so I appreciate everyone's help.
    Take the aerator off and check for pressure. Were the supply lines turned back on fully? Was the watermain turned off? Are the supply lines kinked? Since changing this faucet, are there any problems anywhere else in the house?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!