+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Radiant heat stapled to subfloor

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    yep and i did so back on #3 & 5 and pointed out nowhere did the OP say, nor does her post imply PEX. not to mention her post is quite clear it was a staple up to the subfloor and she mentions joists and insulating below. She makes no mention of needing or having diffuser plates or clips. IT ALSO COULD BE STAPLE UP ELECTRIC RADIANT it MAY NOT EVEN BE AN HYDRONIC HEAT SYSTEM, re-read the original post!

and canuk still can't read page 30 so arguing with him is futile. cuz that first diagram IS an OVER THE SLAB install and that's the ONLY one that has board insulation near the onyx and it is being used to SUPPORT the onyx and it IS a sandwich install not a staple up retrofit to a framed floor. radiant under frame floor either of the three types same thing difference is the minimum recommended clearance.
    Sad Blue.
    Not the Adobe page 30 rather the actual page 30 of the manual..... they are clearly labeled on the bottom of each page.

But if you like ... Sad Blue .... then go to Adobe page 32. .... or you can keep deflecting.

This thread has been lost and gone beyond being civil .....besides I'm not going further any more discussion with you and your insults and continued attempts to discredit folks..... I've said before and will say it again .... there's no reasoning with you ..... you're unreasonable.

There's no need to quibble about some manufacturers's carfefully worded manual for DIY installation by their marketing department. In almost every case they will include careful wording such as ..... may not perform .... or could result ... may or may not happen .... just to cover their butts.
    So ... yes .... follow the manufacturers outlined proceedure.
    Last edited by canuk; 11-30-2008 at 09:40 PM.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Sad Blue.
    Not the Adobe page 30 rather the actual page 30 of the manual..... they are clearly labeled on the bottom of each page.

But if you like ... Sad Blue .... then go to Adobe page 32. .... or you can keep deflecting.

This thread has been lost and gone beyond being civil .....besides I'm not going further any more discussion with you and your insults and continued attempts to discredit folks..... I've said before and will say it again .... there's no reasoning with you ..... you're unreasonable.

There's no need to quibble about some manufacturers's carfefully worded manual for DIY installation by their marketing department. In almost every case they will include careful wording such as ..... may not perform .... or could result ... may or may not happen .... just to cover their butts.
    So ... yes .... follow the manufacturers outlined proceedure.
    see you're up to version 3 after been responded to x2.

its the professional installation manual.
    its the same page, page 30 of the manual page 32 of 84 of the adobe document.
    the first picture is a SANDWICH recessed install between joist supported sandwich over a floor, the second is the chicken wire supported install which has NO insulation contact.

read the caption:

"Insulation board is used to SUPPORT the Onix tubing and to provide a thermal break TO THE FLOOR BELOW. Onix must be in direct contact with the underside of the subfloor."

That illustration is of a SANDWICH INSTALLATION.

both of the illustrations are from the top installations requiring ripping out the original subfloor to expose joists in the area. neither is applicable to the OP, that type of install with rigid board insulation is also much lower efficiency. there is only supportive contact it is not smothered, it is board not batt, it is a solution of LAST RESORT. that one ends up losing up to 45 percent in the design program.

PROMISES PROMISES you started this with your wild assumptions and unsupported first response then started questioning Sabo (Mike) and me and challenged to support it. it was supported. then you who can't read and follow tried to justify your unsupported claims and you peppered the entire board over the last days with insults on over 20 different topic strings.

You'll never admit you stepped in your own DOO-DOO and then stuck your DOO-DOO coated foot in your mouth. Instead you vomit your wild assertions and rude insults and commentary then play all high and mighty.

keep on editing, hope all your posts end up like ASCs.
    Last edited by Blue RidgeParkway; 11-30-2008 at 10:28 PM.

see you're up to version 3 after been responded to x2.

its the professional installation manual.

PROMISES PROMISES you started this with your wild assumptions and unsupported first response then started questioning Sabo (Mike) and me and challenged to support it. it was supported. then you who can't read and follow tried to justify your unsupported claims and you peppered the entire board over the last days with insults on over 20 threads.

You'll never admit you stepped in your own DOO-DOO and then stuck your DOO-DOO coated foot in your mouth. Instead you vomit your wild assertions and rude insults and commentary then play all high and mighty.

keep on editing, hope all your posts end up like ASCs.
    Sad Blue.

- Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Sad Blue.

you're the unreasonable one. we're talking about the same page. you just can't admit a platform on slab sandwich versus a sleeper sandwich nor what a bleeping SANDWICH IS.

you civil? your posts on this and others in the last several days have been anything BUT civil. you stalking, rude, harassing, jerk.

you're the unreasonable one. we're talking about the same page. you just can't admit a platform on slab sandwich versus a sleeper sandwich nor what a bleeping SANDWICH IS.

you civil? your posts on this and others in the last several days have been anything BUT civil. you stalking, rude, harassing, jerk.
    Sad Blue.

- Rush

help i been reading the posts and everything i can on this subject but i cannot find out how much it is for this we want to do this in the bathroom 8 ft by 5 and in the dining room 10-14 and the kitchen 10-10 but we cant seem to get a guesstimate of how much it is going to cost to do it our selves it seems like an easy job but how much per sq feet or how ever it is measured
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newhomeowner1968 View Post
    help i been reading the posts and everything i can on this subject but i cannot find out how much it is for this we want to do this in the bathroom 8 ft by 5 and in the dining room 10-14 and the kitchen 10-10 but we cant seem to get a guesstimate of how much it is going to cost to do it our selves it seems like an easy job but how much per sq feet or how ever it is measured
    thanks
    The cost is going to depend on the system you install, the type of installation that is used, and the equipment you have to buy. Might I suggest you start here http://www.radiantec.com/installation-manual/index.php They have information, installation manuals you can down load and on line pricing.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    Yeah........... That is what I mean. It always works this way. In all the people you have tried to be, and who have been banned as, well, you.......... It has been this way for years.......In all honesty I hope you are well one day. Leslie, the rest of us have gotten along for years here. We have had a good time and helped many people......... The only problem has been you.

I wish I had kept a file of your classic posts of hate from years ago........... I keep one now. It is named simply the Fetid File........... This is included in the file.

BTW....... We (Me and the pretty lady here) are all ready for a party at my home right now...... Just trying to figure out how to keep the damn fireplace going! LOL!

Yum! Awesome! She just made peppermint brownies to have with peppermint and chocolate chip ice cream for desert……….. Wow………. She may be a “keeper.”………. Maybe she thinks the same of me……………………..LOL!
    kentvw, pitiful. Looks like you're banned again.