+ Reply to Thread

Default Scheppach power tools

Has anyone had any experience with this brand of tool? I was looking at getting a small benchtop sander and found this one, a Scheppach BTS 900S on the Sears site (the only seller in the States as far as I can tell). Most of the Craftsman and Ryobi sanders I'd looked at, looked chincy or were made in China. Being German made I thought this might be a good one. Anyone have any experience with their stuff? Thanks for any opinions.

http://www.scheppach.com/en/products...ash=250b5a27d6

Default Re: Scheppach power tools

Not familiar with that brand. I am concerned that you have to order parts from Germany. It doesn't give enough detail to know if standard sanding supplies will fit.

You might want to take a look at Homedepot at the RIDGID Oscillating Edge/belt Spindle Sander Have several friend s that own one of those and are very satisfied.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

It looks like through Sears they have it branded as a 6" disc and 4" x 36" belt sander:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=Sanders&mv=tr

I saw the Rigid one you mentioned though and was intrigued, but I'm not sure I have the dough for that. I'll go look at it again though. Thanks.

Checked out the Ridgid. Seemed ok, but I'm a bit sour on the idea of buying Chinese-made power tools. I haven't had much luck with them. While the Sheppach isn't made here, it's German and I've had good luck with stuff made there. The sanding media seems pretty readily available. The belts I can get anywhere and the discs seem to be available ****** in a lot of places. I'm gonna check out some more pro tool stores in town. The big box stores seem to only sell consumables for the power tools they stock.

Anyone else tried this brand out?