+ Reply to Thread

Default What can I hook up to a shower arm with no threads?

I had a really old shower head that need replacement for years! It took it off on occasion to clean it and some how either threw a part away or ??? I was able to just pull it from the arm--the arm has sort of like a ball shape and the head sort of snapped in!! I threw the head away and can't find another one that will hook up to the arm--it has no threads!!!!!!!!! I was clueless to this terminolgy until two days ago so please be patient with me!! so now the water shoots straight out of the arm and could knock you down the pressure is so strong!! is there something that goes on the arm to connect the head that requires no real effort? I am in a pretty old building!!

Default Re: What can I hook up to a shower arm with no threads?

Sounds like you need to replace the shower neck (arm ) with a new, threaded one, then you can install your choice of shower heads.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

You may have disassemble the shower head, the ball part being part of the head. Check and see if it unscrews from the neck. If not you will need to do as Spruce suggested.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

The ball may indeed unscrew from the arm; the threads might just be hidden.

Failing that, you "should" be able to unscrew the arm from the wall. There is usually a threaded fitting inside the wall the the arm screws into. You can then install a replacement arm and showerhead.