+ Reply to Thread

Default remodel bathroom

I want to redo my guest bathroom to look like the inside of an outhouse. does anyone have any ideas. we have a few but not
    quite sure how to do it.
    any plans or ideas would be appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by gordon_girl; 11-20-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: left out a word.

Default Re: remodel bathroom

Find a barn that has collapsed and salvage the weathered, gray wood. Set nails outside and let them rust, then use them to nail the boards???

Just thoughts.

Quick and easy would be to use rough sawn T1-11 siding or, rough sawn lumber.

I would recommend using outhouse-like nuances rather than trying to actually replicate an outhouse. Things such as using the T1-11 or rough sawn lumber as wainscott and wrapping the window (if there is one ) in rough sawn trim. Use decorative switch and outlet plates that are rusty/country style. Replace the mirror with an old sash divided light window with a mirror instead of glass (pretty cool, very rustic ). You could even go so far as to leave corn cobs hanging by a string. Things of this nature will bring in the feel of an outhouse without it really "feeling" like an outhouse.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

put the quarter moon on the door.

It's not so much the look as the smell... no exhaust fan and some sticky flypaper...Remember, this is folk art...you shouldn't be able to find plans anywhere.. a little field research witha camera should suffice.