+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question my messed up shower

in the past 6 yrs we have had to have a plumber come in 3 times. I'm at the end of my rope. We live on a slab house, every other year the shut off for the cold water in my shower decides it doesn't want to totally shut off. With the way the economy is we've gotten to the point that instead of having it fixed again we just shut off the water to the shower. We're down to 1 bath and now the tub stop is acting up. Hubby and I have watched all kinds of how to videos but don't know how to fix the shower. We got the tub fixed for now but don't know how long it will last. Other than removing and redoing the shower I don't know what to do. The valve seems to be too short for the depth of the wall so when I turn off the water after a few weeks it works loose and if I try to shut it all the way the screw that hold on the handle snaps. HELP!!!!

Default Re: my messed up shower

can you post a picture of this valve? That would help to identify the problem

which side do you want to see? the access panel is open and I can show the back side with out taking off the handle. If you want me to I can take the handle off and show that view. Will do this later when the sun is up and I have better light.

Mostly what brand of shower valve do you have? you mentioned that it was set to deep in wall. I have seen this with the MOEN brand valves and you can get an extention kit. Pictures oif both sides will help
    Last edited by MSSP; 04-28-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: O