+ Reply to Thread

Default transparent bar countertop in basement

Hello,
    we are building our bar in the basement right now. And we had the idea to build the bar countertop a little bit differently. We bought a 25"X120" plywood and painted it black. On this base we would like to put some pictures. On top of this we would like to put plexiglass or something else that people can see the pictures when they are sitting on the bar. Does anyone have an idea how we can manage this in an reasonable priced way? We do not need to use plexiglass but it seems to be the easiest way. But we are also open for any suggestions.
    Thanks

Default Re: transparent bar countertop in basement

The cheapest and easiest will be plexiglass, however being plastic it's going to scratch and become hazy fairly quickly. Glass would be a better choice, probably something in 3/8" thick, and tempered/safety glass. Additionally, a 2'x10' piece of glass is going to be expensive and heavy, so installing this in two pieces would be the best way to go.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

what about that decopage epoxy stuff?

Hello,
    thank you very much for your suggestions. I think the epoxy idea will be the easiest and cheapest but the picture will be destroyed.

I like the idea with the glass and I have to find out how much would it cost. Can you give me an idea how I can find plexiglass or glass in Northeast Ohio?

Thanks.

Look in the phone book under plastics or industrial plastics, you'll likely find a source there. If not, call a few glass shops and ask who supplies plexiglass in the area.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I would also look around the internet and see what you can find.
    I like having a Hidden Content .