I have a metal exhaust flue from my furnace/waterheater that runs from the basement thru my kitchen , up thru the second floor and out the roof.It is an eye sore. I would like to build a surrond for it, something similiar to a radiator cover. Do I need to frame it in first with 2 x 4's or can I just build a box out of MDF and the metal screen inserts?