+ Reply to Thread

Default So, where do the cut go ??

I just Tiled our Kitchen Backsplash, it is an "L" shape with a window over the sink. My buddy said I should have used the window as a center point so the cuts around it are the same, instead, I just started from the inside corner and went the length of the wall to avoid cuts in the corner.....I never really paid attention to the window, and never noticed the cuts being uneven around it, he sez the cuts belong in the corner....which is the proper way ??...or is it just prefference

Default Re: So, where do the cut go ??

your buddy was right. you caulk not grout the inside corner cuts in the corner.

You always want to start the layout where the eye's attention is drawn, that would be around the sink and window. Sometimes strange cuts are inevitable due to multiple focus points, then you much choose the more dominant location OR a happy medium starting point.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Oh well, live and learn. The only saving grace is that this is temporary....in 3 years, it's all getting gutted to the studs and getting a totally new kitchen.....by a proffesional

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Belly View Post
    it's all getting gutted to the studs and getting a totally new kitchen.....by a proffesional
    Whew!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!