+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grohe faucet

Default Grohe faucet

Hi -
    My water flow has been steadily dropping in my Grohe kitchen faucet. I did remove a small plastic piece from the the faucet head based on someone's advice and that has not helped. Any suggestions?
    R

Default Re: Grohe faucet

Hard to say. Has the water main been turned off recently? If so, was it turned back on fully? It's also possible that particulate build up around the main could have broken free. While it is usually the aerator at the tip of the spout that plugs up, occasionally a larger flake can block the angle stop (valve under the sink ).

Is the valve at the water heater fully on? If not, that could account for reduced pressure, at least on the hot side.

Is there reduced pressure anywhere else in the house?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

A. Spruce -
    No loss of water pressure anywhere else. This is the only water issue we are facing. Web search seems to suggest cartridge may be a problem - but I cannot even find a way to open the faucet.
    Raghu

Quote Originally Posted by rraghunath View Post
    Web search seems to suggest cartridge may be a problem - but I cannot even find a way to open the faucet.
    Raghu
    Grohe should have the manual on their site for this or a similar faucet. At the very least, there should be an exploded view from which to extrapolate the rebuild procedure.

Turn off the water at the angles stops under the sink or at the water main, whichever is easier. Generally there a nut under the handle that keeps the cartridge in place, remove the handle and you'll get to the nut. Remove the nut and usually the cartridge will come out. Before you start working on the faucet, you'll want to try to identify the model, then find a local shop that carries replacement parts. Grohe is not all that common so you're not likely going to find parts at the regular big box or hardware store.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If it is any kind of pullout/pulldown fauset, there will perhaps be a second filter screen where the flex hose attaches to the head. I know Kohlers have this little screen filter, and they are small and readily clogged.
    S_M
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

I am going to assume that you have mineral deposits inside and on your faucet because other cosmetic dirt can easily be removed using soap and water. Mineral deposits can be dissolved using a product like "Lime-Away". You may want to shut off the water supply, remove and take apart the faucet, and soak all of the parts in this type of product. A thorough cleaning, new faucet washers, and reassembly should rejuvinate the look and functionality of your faucet.