+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Shop Vacuum system

My husband is a very talented woodworker who builds a lot of things for our home in Las Vegas. A couple of years ago, we built him a big workshop in our backyard so he has his own space to create. For christmas, I would really like to buy him a shop vacuum system for his shop to deal with all the saw dust. I have looked ****** for some type of system he can install in his shop, sort of like, a whole-house vacuum system. However, I cannot seem to find the one that would be perfect for his needs. Is there any suggestion anyone has as to the type of system that I should get? Please help.

Default Re: Shop Vacuum system

I've got a Delta 1200 CFM dust collector in my shop and it does a great job. It utilizes two bags, one for chips, one for air filtration. To make it the perfect tool, I also purchased a remote control unit for it so that at the touch of a button, from anywhere in the shop, I can turn it on and off.

I have not "plumbed" my shop with collection ducting because I just don't have the space. My tools are pulled out to use, then tucked back into their cubbies, which means the dust collector hose gets moved from tool to tool as needed, however, this and most other dust collectors and can be placed anywhere in the shop and hooked up to ductwork plumbed throughout the shop. Blast gates are used at the individual tools to maintain optimal suction within the system.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!