Something was brought to my attention that made some sense to me but this is not my area of expertise. All windows including those you pay over $10,000 for will lose the argon gas. You pay much more because if you do lose that argon gas or something happens to the windows they are replaced. I cannot afford Lifetime windows and have been looking for some good quality but not a break your wallet windows. The sales rep also told me that weather I get a 5/8in, 3/4in, or a 7/8in windows it doesnít matter because the gas will escape at sometime and that the more important thing is make sure they are Low E. Does this seem accurate? Can I purchase a low cost 5/8in Low E with Argon and get the same performance as a 7/8in Low E with Argon? The windows I was looking at were the Atrium 5700 (5/8in) vs the Atrium 450(7/8in). The 450 does have some extras which I donít have with me at the moment. As far as my climate, I live out in the desert and have over 100 degree summers and as low as 15 degree winters.

Any Comments and Help would be greatly appreciated.