+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: what is this tool?

Thanks Blue Ridge that looks like what it is. I really appreciate your help and kindness. My mom did do some ceramic pottery. I have wondered about it for a while. I stumbled on this site in my search. I have found more tools but don't want to open myself up to more insults so... Maybe I can find another site where folks are nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by catspjamas View Post
    I have found more tools but don't want to open myself up to more insults so... Maybe I can find another site where folks are nicer.
    You're kidding, right? Where was the insult?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks Blue Ridge that looks like what it is. I really appreciate your help and kindness. My mom did do some ceramic pottery. I have wondered about it for a while. I stumbled on this site in my search. I have found more tools but don't want to open myself up to more insults so... Maybe I can find another site where folks are nicer.
    catspj:

you are welcome. please don't let someone's sarcastic (civil? humor?) reply keep you from participating here. they usually are helpful without straying from the serious topic. stick around, go ahead and post the other pics i'm sure they will be respectful and helpful to you from now on, at least if they are sober.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Ummmmmmmm.....there was none, of course.

Read thru the thread again and then guess who the OP is.

Don't pay much attention to Kent, that thin air out there in Denver gets to him every once in a while.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks so much Blue Ridge. My mom did some ceramic pottery so that must be it. I have found more unfamiliar tools but hesitate using this site for them. As a junior member and a female I didn't get much respect. I will search on. Thx again.

Hey cats,

I apologize, never meant any disrespect or harm to you. Many of us have been around for a while and give each other some ribbing now and then. I should have thought about that, you being a new member and all, and what I posted.

Smile Re: what is this tool?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Ummmmmmmm.....there was none, of course.

Read thru the thread again and then guess who the OP is.
    Thanks so much Blue Ridge. My mom did some ceramic pottery so that must be it. I have found more unfamiliar tools but hesitate using this site for them. As a junior member and a female I didn't get much respect. I will search on. Thx again.
    you are welcome. sarcasm was thrown at you and agree that the defense of it by others is even more insulting, uncivil, rude, ridiculing, disrespectful and ignorant, especially during your berevement. condolances on the loss of your father and good luck in your searches.

please consider kentvw's apology and giving this site's community of members another chance.

As a bystander to all this, I saw no sarcasm, just a litttle kidding around. Obviously the pencil was for scale and I'm sure all posters knew this. Just because they didn't know what the tool was doesn't mean they couldn't join the discussion and add a little levity. I too suspect that two of the posters may be the same person. For whatever reason is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    As a bystander to all this, I saw no sarcasm, just a litttle kidding around. Obviously the pencil was for scale and I'm sure all posters knew this. Just because they didn't know what the tool was doesn't mean they couldn't join the discussion and add a little levity. I too suspect that two of the posters may be the same person. For whatever reason is beyond me.
    Ed,

As you've probably noticed by now...and more than once....some posters here have absolutely zero sense of humor. Glad that ain't me. Miserable life, I'm sure.

I chuckled and then some at Kent's response. Woulda done the same thing myself, but he beat me to it.

Have you ever seen such a device used to remove excess glazing from a window? Not me. Can't think of why one would or what purpose it would serve when I already have a glazing knife in hand.