My husband and I want to extend the length of our kitchen island to enclose our wine fridge within the island for a more custom, built-in look. We are also replacing the current countertops, sink and faucet that are also a part of this island. The dilemma is that the builder attached a drywall "box" or wall on the backside of the island. The drywall runs the length and height of the island and the corners are caulked to the wood panels on either side of the island. If we extend the base cabinet, it will mean that we will also need to extend this drywall component. I am happy with removing it alltoghter, but do not know how we will do it. Any ideas and suggestions on what we can do would be greatly appreciated!