+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question Loose fence post

Hello. I have a couple of loose fence posts. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to fix these without having to replace? They are not rotten. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Loose fence post

It would be helpful to know what kind of fence post and what type of fence you are dealing with.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

My fence is a treated wood privacy fence with 4x4 posts

The next question would be why are the posts loose, if they're not rotten? If they're mired in mud, the cure has less to do with the fence post and more to do with a drainage problem. If the problem is mud/water soaked ground, then IF they're not rotten already, they will be before long. Pressure treated only gives the posts a little longer life, they won't be water or rot proof.

It's also possible that the posts were not set deep enough to support the fence. Mix this with soggy ground and, well, loose posts.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Two possible solutions. 1-Set blocks under the fence to hold it up while you dig out around the post and set in concrete. 2- drill angled holes through the post near the soil level in different directions then drive 4 or 6 ft pieces of rebar through the holes and into the soil to act as an anchor..
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

thanks the comments are very helpful for me