+ Reply to Thread

Default epoxy for copper and brass connection

I have a special problem with a water line that is too limiting to access by applying heat or any form of coupling. I need to know the best epoxy that would seal a connection between copper and brass to stop a water leak. Airstream blues.

Default Re: epoxy for copper and brass connection

Can you take a picture from several angles and provide more of a description of what you're trying to accomplish?

You want to do things right, and you want them to be safe. Usually, you can preassemble parts so that solder connections are more out in the open where you won't damage anything. There are also heat shield products that can provide protection while joints are being soldered. Let us know more what you're trying to do.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks for looking into this. I could take pictures however, I have looked at the availability of my project and removal of the existing joint would not be preferred. This water line is in a old Airstream trailer. I would have to literally take the trailer apart to solder, so I'm looking for a more practical solution.

Could you use a ferrule type compression fitting ? Or , maybe just run a new water line using PEX .

Unfortunately no.

Odds are, you're not going to get anything to work without a little exploratory surgery to get into things. Just take your time, work with care and dig in.

The problem with trying to just use an epoxy, putty, or caulk is that none of these things are going to work on a pressurized line. That is why we keep recommending the things we are. You don't want to go to all this trouble and continue to have a leak that will harm the structural integrity of the trailer or cause mold and foul odors.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks, I was just looking for a name of the best patch possible until I'm ready and able to go all the way with a total rebuild. I appreciate your time and this site. Best wishes.