I am refinishing my hardwood floors. The LR and DR seem to have come out fine. In my upstairs hallway I sanded down to the wood and screened down to 120grit screens. The stain seemed to go on fine. Using Minwax Stain and a water-based poly. Drying time is key and I can't use the oil for several reasons. Same process as I used on the other floors. However, after the first caot of poly the floors look like the poly did not soak in and they are all white. When I use a screen the poly seems to be coming up. Is it possible that by using a tack cloth the H2O poly would not adhere? Someone suggested that I use a very damp to dry cloth to do a final clean and I would have better luck because of the H2O based poly. I do have a couple of small spots on the other floors that came out the same. I waited 48hours before applying poly. Should I have waited longer?

Also, can I re-poly a section of floorinf w/out having to do the entire floor and will it blend in. I'm on a real time crunch. Please, I need help. Family members moving in next week and I have to get this done.