+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Problem

Default Posting Problem

I'm having a problem posting. I thought it was me, but for once it might not be not.

I sign in, type a reply, hit send and I go back to a sign in screen and lose what I've written.

Default Re: Posting Problem

I don't know what to say other then when you are at that page check the box "remember me"

Several people have been experiencing this problem, so you're not alone. I thankfully have not had the experience here, but have elsewhere and it's a pain.

I would recommend checking your firewall and browser settings to make sure there are no conflicts between them and the site.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

***, that was quick! Thanks for noticing, and for answering.

Yeah, it is a pain. On another forum I try to remember to copy before I hit send. It's only ever happened to me there and here.

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't the universe saving me from myself...

no you aren't alone. some of the same people who responded to you earlier are now realizing they are having similar difficulties here.

Hope the board manager visits this string now that its bumped and another string in painting & finishing on the same issue/question:

http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/showthread.php?t=9572

because they've messed up something since there is no secured socket layer here.

site redirects you to an httpS site, your login and posting activity won't "count" until you've redirected to the mirror addresses.

Hi my problem is signing in as it relates to posting. I have had problems signing in when coming from the home page to the topic page. I get re-directed to the main blog page and have to sign in again. From the blog page I either then can find the topic or just go back to the home page and then the topic page. Once signed in I stay signed in unless I have a connection problem with my isp or maybe I have stayed on the page too long. I have Netscape Connect which used to be Walmart Connect and is somehow with AOL. I also use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and do use Internet Explorer 7 and have had no problems up until about two months ago. Before that time I had no problems with logging in and have used other computers with different software since the problem has occurred and have had the same login problem. So the problem doesn't seem to be with my computer but rather a problem with the website.
    Also this was a while back and I can't remember when it occurred exactly but someone had sent me a personal message on this website and was trying to sell me something. I sent an e-mail to the website administrator and never received a reply back. So I never did hear whether my complaint had been handled. Thankfully I have had no other messages like that and indeed don't even use the private message area much. I think I might have used it only once. So maybe it should be removed, I can't really say as I don't know how much it really gets used by other members. Anyway the private message thing is not the big issue for me. logging in is and it isn't a big problem but is kind of annoying. Thanks for your help.

bump for Administrators attention - still of issue.

Got issue here too....It only happens on this site. It is not my browser or pc security issue...

1....Had to sign in twice...[ I did put a check on the box that says "remember me"]

2.... Security window keeps popping up...it said..." This page display secure and nonsecure item....Do you want to display nonsecure item........"...click yes, no or for more inform...
    "Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

i don't know where to click to reply does members that answered my post. I want to instant message them without having to email them privately

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate in New York View Post
    i don't know where to click to reply does members that answered my post. I want to instant message them without having to email them privately
    There is a blue button at the bottom left corner of every page to add comments to a thread. Each individual post has a "quote" button if you want to reply to someone or something specific. Beyond that, you either private message OR email individuals by clicking on their name and choosing the appropriate response from the drop down menu. Those are the only ways to interact with someone on a forum.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!