+ Reply to Thread

Default Under Cabinet Plug mold

We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel. We will be installing plugmold under the cabinets so we can plug in appliances without an electrical outlet on the wall of the backsplash. I am having trouble finding plug mold in the right lengths I need and am wondering if you just buy this stuff in 5 ft. lengths and then cut it to whatever length you need. One cabinet is 18 inches wide and is between a refrigerator and a pantry wall, so we need plug mold that is perhaps 15 inches or maybe 1 foot. Can anybody tell me if I should continnue trying to find the correct length, or is this stuff typically just cut to whatever length you need? Also, I am looking for some suggestions on where to buy this ******. We have found it in Home Depot, Lowes, etc., and it is Ivory in color. Our cabinets are white cabinets, so we would like to find it in white. Thanks for any suggestions. I appreciate it.

Footsox

Default Re: Under Cabinet Plug mold

Footsox1 - did you work this out? I have the same problem - one of our cabinets in 18". But the plugmolds i've found start from 3ft lengths.

Thanks.

Sockedemus

Keep in mind that the plugmold in the kitchen needs to be protected by a GFI.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

And cutting it down to 18 inches could be a problem. I know very little about the stuff - our electrician will need to do the necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Sockedemus View Post
    And cutting it down to 18 inches could be a problem. I know very little about the stuff - our electrician will need to do the necessary
    Naw, any electrician worth his beans will know just what to buy and do. A company named wiremold has many variations of plugmold that can all be cut to length.

Outlet strips can be purchased through your local electrical supply store i.e Standard Electric. They usually come in fixed lengths 48", 36" and 24". You can also purchase end caps if you want to cut them to a different length. But be sure your modification will meet local electrical code requirements.

Divisions Unlimited Inc.
    http://www.divisionsunlimited.com

Thanks for all the info. I just joined TOH and this is my first post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen Remodeling MA View Post
    Outlet strips can be purchased through your local electrical supply store i.e Standard Electric. They usually come in fixed lengths 48", 36" and 24". You can also purchase end caps if you want to cut them to a different length. But be sure your modification will meet local electrical code requirements.

Divisions Unlimited Inc.
    http://www.divisionsunlimited.com
    Naw, have never seen anthing like that, that was not prewired with a cord already attached, and that could be modified to be hardwired without destroying the listing on the product.

Care to provide a link to the product?

Was this just a meaningless free plug for your site that had nothing to do with the OP other than babble and a free plug? I think so, so prove me different. You people do what vacuums do!

I like learning new things and you can help. I figure it will slow down the onslaught of oldtimers disease. I am already forgetting a ton a $Hit and need to write a lot of stuff down.
    Last edited by NEC; 05-28-2009 at 06:25 PM.