+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cost

Default cost

Does anyone have an idea on what the Weston house cost (excluding lot of course)?

Thanks

Dave

Default Re: cost

Looks like the skys the limit on this one I heard the dude Favat say it was 2 years to get to the flying wall stage. The lot alone looks like a pile of money itself and the EPA hoops and the materials and TIMBER FRAMING on CNC machines no less. Bet the timing was between a heck of a coincidence and a miricle too get the contracting and the financing the way things are now. Fantastic for them though.

If I recall the old programs used to mention budgets and final tally .... oddly enough they don't mention $$$$ any longer ...... I wonder why? ....hmmmm
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

A traditional stick-built residential in that area are probably in the range of $110 to $135 per SF - prefab can be a real cost saver potential, but NOT way they're going it, so I would guestimate a cost of about$150 per Sf - So for their 3,800-sq.-ft. new home right around the $570,000.00 ballpark.

Hi, new poster here. I have been watching this program since Bob Villa and watched it morph from a program for real people interested in maintaining or improving their homes. The new format sucks and can only appeal to the few who can afford to build and live Macmansions for the Yuppies. I would love to see the producers reveal what these projects cost. How many of us, especially now in hard times can relate to these homes? Not many I would think.

Talking Re: cost

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny W View Post
    Hi, new poster here. I have been watching this program since Bob Villa and watched it morph from a program for real people interested in maintaining or improving their homes. The new format sucks and can only appeal to the few who can afford to build and live Macmansions for the Yuppies. I would love to see the producers reveal what these projects cost. How many of us, especially now in hard times can relate to these homes? Not many I would think.
    Yea. Your right. TOH has now long gone away from the "average" homeowner and now does what seem to be the million dollar projects. I think that is why they started Ask TOH show where they are actually helping folks like me and maybe you.

I really can't relate to the 24 nozzle showers, or the walk-in computer controlled wine cellar.

Remember the days when they used to work up a sweat!!

If this timber-framed, solar-paneled, tricked-out homestead cost less than $1 million, then I'll take two on my chicago-style bungie lot. And if you'd rather see knockdown cabinets and hollow core doors, watch Hometime instead. Both are good shows but with different construction budgets.